- Saturday, May 11, 9-12 a.m.
In the Garden
Tomatoes, leeks, strawberries, and much more
If you have extra starts or divisions, consider donating them to the sale
All proceeds go to support the garden
- Saturday, May 11, 12-3 p.m.
Opening Work Day
In the Garden
Jobs: lay the water line (again, sigh), turn and distribute the compost, general straightening and prep for the season
Bring: work gloves, shovels, wheelbarrows (if you have one)
This will be a good opportunity to put in some volunteer hours
and to re-connect with other gardeners and the garden
- If you are new to our garden, I will be available to give a brief orientation all day on May 11. If you want to get started before that, contact me and we can work out another time.
SITE FOR 2014
- Lea and I met with the mayor this week to discuss a permanent location for the garden on city-owned land. One site we discussed is at the very west end of Lake Park, just east of the high school. Another possibility would be on land under the bridge after the new bridge construction is done. The discussion is still in the very preliminary stages, but he is supportive. If any of you have occasion to talk with the mayor, city council members, or other city officials, please voice your support for the garden being on either of these sites.
- Both full and half plots are available this year. If you have friends who like to garden, let them know.